Today's recipe is a pasta one!! Its one I like to toss up in the summer as it does not require much time in the kitchen. It can be served as a main dish or a pasta salad on the side. Tastes great warm or cold!! And did I say its really really easy to make.
1 1/2 cup macaroni
1/2 cup black olives, halved
1/2 cup chick peas, cooked
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 tbsp parsley, chopped fine
4 cloves garlic, chopped roughly
1/2 tsp chili flakes
Salt to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare the macaroni in plenty of boiling water and salt. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the garlic. Saute a minute, reduce the heat.
- Next add the chickpeas, stir in and saute for a bout 3-4 minutes. Add the olives, macaroni, parsley, chili flakes. Season with salt.
- Blend the ingredients until they are well coated with with seasoning and oil. Turn off the heat. Leave covered on the hob for about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Add the toasted pine nuts just before serving.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.